Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocol - keeping us all safe
This year, 2020 has certainly been a strange time for all of us but I am glad that clients are still keen to have their portraits taken - perhaps, now more than ever is the perfect time to capture those memories. The health and safety of my clients has always been a priority so in light of recent events I will be taking the following steps in our 'new normal' for the foreseeable future:
- Self monitoring - All photographers and customers will be required to monitor their temperatures and health before taking part in a photoshoot.
- Sick policy - Customers will be required to disclose if anyone coming to the session has had a fever or any other symptoms such as coughs, sickness or vomiting or has been in contact with anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms, suspected of having Covid-19 or has had a Covid-19 positive test result at least 24 hours before their session. Appointments will be re-arranged, at no cost.
- Social Distancing - I will always aim to stay 2m apart where possible and every effort will be made to do this whatever the location of the photoshoot. Parents may be asked to help move their children and babies as requested by the photographer. During the portrait session, instructions to the clients will be given from the distance stipulated by and in accordance with the social distancing rules. Due to the restrictions imposed by social distancing, it may not be appropriate to offer some of the usual studio sessions and poses, particularly with regard to newborn and maternity sessions. To carry out these types of sessions where social distancing may not be possible due to safety, a bespoke policy will be put in place between the photographer and their customer.
- Appointment Only - All sessions are by appointment only and I will be leaving extra time between sessions to prevent any client crossover and minimise risk.
- Hand washing - Appropriate sanitising hand gels will be made available and customers requested to use these before taking part in a photoshoot. As your photographer I will be thoroughly washing my hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before all sessions.
- Equipment cleaning - The extra time between sessions will also allow for equipment to be deep cleaned before and after each session. All surfaces that could be touched and all props used are sanitised. All blankets and props used are washed / cleaned between sessions.